By Oleg Sych
Using Dynamic info, ASP.NET builders can create strong, datadriven websites with notable pace and potency, doing away with gigantic quantities of guide coding. ASP.NET Dynamic info Unleashed is the 1st whole, sensible advisor to Dynamic info for each skilled ASP.NET developer.
The writer completely demystifies Dynamic information, supporting builders comprehend precisely what they could do with the framework and make it extra obtainable than ever ahead of. He presents validated code to unravel a wide selection of difficulties, explains how and why that code works, and identifies key tradeoffs and alternatives.
Packed with step forward recommendations for bettering developer productiveness, this publication combines a hands-on instructional, “drill-down” reasons of complicated strategies, and real-world improvement scenarios.
Detailed details on how to…
- Use Dynamic information elements to beat universal real-world consumer interface improvement challenges
- know how ASP.NET Dynamic facts builds on strengths of WebForms, Entity Framework, and LINQ
- boost easy customized templates to dramatically decrease code duplication
- Generalize templates to leverage metadata and generate consumer interfaces dynamically
- Create web content for info access, facts filtering, and numerous perspectives of data
- Use facts Annotations to enforce robust validation logic
- Write basic, but powerful automatic assessments to systematically ensure the company logic
- Create complicated interplay ideas that aren’t constrained via unmarried entity items or types
- Optimize I/O-bound enterprise common sense via imposing it with T-SQL constraints, kept techniques, and triggers
- enforce role-based protection with dynamic UI trimming
- Generate complete data-driven net purposes, entire with CRUD pages, complicated company principles, built-in navigation, and security
- expand Dynamic facts to aid complicated scenarios
- make a decision while Dynamic information might be used rather than or including ASP.NET MVC
Read or Download ASP.NET Dynamic Data Unleashed PDF
Similar database storage & design books
Become aware of tips to use Microsoft Excel and different Microsoft place of work instruments to entry and learn the data in spreadsheets, databases, and transaction processing platforms for higher company determination making.
One of many program parts of knowledge mining is the realm large net (WWW or Web), which serves as a big, greatly disbursed, international details carrier for each form of details resembling information, ads, purchaser info, monetary administration, schooling, govt, e-commerce, future health companies, and lots of different details companies.
A multimedia process wishes a mechanism to speak with its surroundings, the net, consumers, and functions. MPEG-7 offers a typical metadata layout for international conversation, yet lacks the framework to enable many of the avid gamers in a process have interaction. MPEG-21 closes this hole by way of constructing an infrastructure for a dispensed multimedia framework, taking into consideration the production, amendment, viewing, and verbal exchange of electronic goods between all individuals inside of an MPEG-21 contract.
The start-to-finish consultant to virtualizing business-critical SQL Server databases on VMware vSphere 5By virtualizing business-critical databases, agencies can force way more worth from latest IT infrastructure. yet squeezing greatest functionality out of a virtualized database example is an artwork up to a technology.
- Temporal Data & the Relational Model (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems)
- Data Protection and Information Lifecycle Management
- FileMaker Pro 10 Bible
- Enterprise Cloud Computing
- Business Process Management Systems: Strategy and Implementation
- Linked Open Data -- Creating Knowledge Out of Interlinked Data: Results of the LOD2 Project
Additional info for ASP.NET Dynamic Data Unleashed
Working with data means dealing with CRUD. Every database application must allow users to Create, Read (or Retrieve), Update, and Delete records. A product catalog will not be functional unless users can add new products to the catalog, search for and retrieve existing products, update product information, and delete discontinued products from the catalog. Of course, a product catalog rarely exists by itself; it is usually a part of a larger e-commerce system, which has to support all CRUD operations not only for products, but also for customers, suppliers, shipping companies, orders, and more.
Entity Framework allows you to write strongly typed database queries using C# and Visual Basic code as opposed to traditional T-SQL statements embedded in string constants or literals. 1 that displays database records in a GridView control. 1. master, the default master page provided by the Dynamic Data project template, this page is very simple and has only one GridView control. edmx in this project. This class encapsulates the database connection and allows you to use LINQ (language-integrated query) to select records from the Customers table.
This approach helps to keep the user interface code largely independent from the underlying data access framework. With the exception of the many-to-many field template, unique to the Entity Framework, most of the dynamic templates work equally well with both LINQ to SQL and Entity Framework, allowing developers to reuse the templates between different web applications or change the data access framework without rewriting the presentation logic. In addition to the data entry controls, Dynamic Data also takes advantage of the URL routing to generate entire websites based on the metadata exposed by the data model and the page templates defined by the developer.
ASP.NET Dynamic Data Unleashed by Oleg Sych