By Bruce Perry
Taking whole benefit of Ajax, despite the fact that, calls for whatever greater than your usual "how-to" booklet. What it demands is Ajax Hacks from O'Reilly. This important advisor offers direct, hands-on suggestions that take the secret out of Ajax's many functions. each one hack represents a shrewdpermanent strategy to accomplish a selected activity, saving you numerous hours of looking for the suitable resolution.
a wise selection of eighty insider assistance and tips, Ajax Hacks covers the entire technology's finer issues. are looking to construct next-generation net functions at the present time? This e-book can exhibit you the way. one of the multitude of subject matters addressed, it indicates you ideas for:
* utilizing Ajax with Google Maps and Yahoo Maps
* exhibiting Weather.com data
* Scraping inventory quotes
* Fetching postal codes
* development internet types with auto-complete functionality
Read or Download Ajax Hacks: Tips & Tools for Creating Responsive Web Sites PDF
Similar web development books
A transparent, hands-on consultant to making excellent content material controlled web content with the loose Joomla! CMS.
• Create a Joomla! web site in an hour with assistance from easy-to-follow steps and screenshots.
• construct and preserve your individual web site speedy, simply and successfully, getting the main out of the most recent free up of the Joomla! content material administration system.
• transcend a standard Joomla! website to make an internet site meet your particular needs.
• study by way of doing: stick to step by step directions on the best way to layout, safe, administrate, and fill your website with content material
• replace to the preferred Joomla! 2. five Beginner's consultant by means of Eric Tiggeler.
Joomla! is among the hottest open resource content material administration structures, actively constructed and supported by way of a world-wide consumer group. It's a unfastened, enjoyable, and feature-rich instrument for somebody who desires to create dynamic, interactive web pages. Even newbies can set up Joomla to construct expert web pages. although it could be hard to get past the fundamentals and construct the location that meets your wishes completely, this publication will consultant you thru it all.
Completely up to date for Joomla! three, this useful consultant allows you to create specialist and handsome web content with Joomla! , even if you need to construct a private weblog web site or a full-featured corporation or membership website.
The Joomla! three Beginner's consultant may help you to start with Joomla! speedy. It's awarded in an geared up, easy-to-read demeanour. The e-book doesn't specialize in what Joomla! can do – it specializes in what you are able to do utilizing Joomla! .
You how you can get Joomla! up and operating, the way to arrange content material, upload new menus, upload new positive aspects, switch the layout and lots more and plenty extra. Real-life examples and tutorials will spark your mind's eye and exhibit you what sort of specialist, feature-rich web pages any net builder can in achieving with Joomla!
The concentration is on transparent directions and easy-to-understand tutorials, with minimum jargon.
Using the Joomla! three Beginner's consultant you'll speedy achieve the information had to construct your individual web site, completely adapted on your particular wishes
What you are going to examine from this book
• Create a feature-rich website that's effortless to extend, customise, and preserve with no need to benefit net languages resembling HTML and Cascading variety Sheets (CSS).
• layout appealing domestic pages that offer a short evaluation of the site's contents and direct humans to the content material they can have an interest in.
• have interaction your internet viewers and switch them into energetic clients by way of permitting them to sign up, upload content material, and go away reviews.
• layout transparent and simple navigation utilizing menus, submenus, and textual content links.
• Make complete use of templates to get your web site taking a look best, tweaking the CSS and customizing templates utilizing your individual brand, fonts, and colours.
• expand Joomla! 's services by means of discovering and using must-have extensions that completely meet your wishes.
• bring up your site's visibility for se's through employing powerful web optimization (SEO) strategies.
• safe your website from hackers and capability threats utilizing easy-to-follow thoughts.
This ebook is for an individual who desires to learn wikis, upload fabric to a wiki, or set up and run their very own MediaWiki web site. each one kind of person is granted their very own part during this ebook. half 1 of this booklet is devoted to wiki readers, explaining tips to navigate a MediaWiki website successfully. half 2 is for authors, and discusses easy methods to write and edit wiki articles, starting with the fundamentals and relocating to extra complicated initiatives.
Layout, keep an eye on, and deal with your dependencies with AngularJS dependency injection
Dependency injection allows higher checking out via permitting us to mock dependencies in checking out environments in order that we simply attempt something at a time. It additionally permits us to write down extra maintainable code by means of decoupling our gadgets from their implementations. the incentive for utilizing it in AngularJS is to assist you transparently load mocked items in tests.
This booklet is a pragmatic handbook to get you all started on dependency injection. it is going to additionally take you alongside the line to making testable and reusable code. making sure productiveness and balance are the 2 most vital issues that you're going to learn.
"Dependency Injection with AngularJS" will introduce you to AngularJS utilizing an easy pattern venture. through portraying other ways of constructing code modules, it is going to exhibit you some great benefits of dependency injection. it will bring about the facility to create reusable elements which may simply be established.
Extra resources for Ajax Hacks: Tips & Tools for Creating Responsive Web Sites
Conventions in CakePHP: Controller class names should be CamelCased and plural. AppController inherits the Controller class, which is a core class of CakePHP. The Controller class has all the basic functionalities that a controller needs to perform. As a result, by extending the AppController class, all controllers will have these functionalities and we do not need to define them again in our controllers. Lastly, we defined the variable $name in the Tasks controller and assigned the name of the controller to it.
2, should work fine with CakePHP. CakePHP is also known to work with other web servers and database servers as well. Before you proceed further, please make sure that your local machine fulfils the requirements. Configuring Apache There is some tweaking that we need to perform in order to make sure that Apache runs CakePHP applications smoothly. Many Apache installations may not require the following tweaking, as they might be set as default, but it is always a good idea to check if the following settings are present.
Any data sent by POST method is automatically stored by Cake in the array $this->data of the controller. If no POST data is present, the add action does nothing, and the view is rendered showing the empty 'Add Task' form. The view is automatically rendered when the action has finished executing. When this happens, it calls the create() function of the Task model in the line: $this->Task->create();. The create() function prepares the Task model to add or edit data. Then, it calls the save() function of the Task model to save the data into our database using the code: $this->Task->save($this->data).
Ajax Hacks: Tips & Tools for Creating Responsive Web Sites by Bruce Perry