By Dave Thomas, David Heinemeier Hansson, Sam Ruby
You are looking to write professional-grade purposes: Rails is a full-stack, open-source net framework, with built-in help for unit, sensible, and integration checking out. It enforces stable layout ideas, consistency of code throughout your crew (and throughout your organization), and correct unencumber administration.
yet Rails is greater than a collection of top practices. Rails makes it either enjoyable and straightforward to show out very cool net functions. desire Ajax aid, so your net functions are hugely interactive? Rails has it in-built. wish an software that sends and gets email? in-built. helps internationalization and localization? in-built. do you want functions with a REST-based interface (so they could have interaction with different RESTful functions with virtually no attempt in your part)? All integrated.
As with the former variants of the booklet, we begin with a longer instructional that builds elements of a web shop. And, in fact, the appliance has been rewritten to teach the simplest of Rails V2.
Read or Download Agile Web Development with Rails (3rd Edition) PDF
Similar web development books
A transparent, hands-on advisor to making excellent content material controlled web content with the loose Joomla! CMS.
• Create a Joomla! site in an hour with assistance from easy-to-follow steps and screenshots.
• construct and preserve your individual site quick, simply and successfully, getting the main out of the newest unencumber of the Joomla! content material administration system.
• transcend a regular Joomla! website to make an internet site meet your particular needs.
• research by way of doing: stick with step by step directions on tips to layout, safe, administrate, and fill your web site with content material
• replace to the preferred Joomla! 2. five Beginner's advisor through Eric Tiggeler.
Joomla! is likely one of the most well liked open resource content material administration platforms, actively built and supported via a world-wide consumer group. It's a unfastened, enjoyable, and feature-rich device for an individual who desires to create dynamic, interactive web content. Even novices can installation Joomla to construct expert web pages. although it could be difficult to get past the fundamentals and construct the positioning that meets your wishes completely, this publication will consultant you thru it all.
Completely up-to-date for Joomla! three, this functional advisor permits you to create specialist and handsome web content with Joomla! , even if you must construct a private web publication website or a full-featured corporation or membership website.
The Joomla! three Beginner's advisor might help you to start with Joomla! quick. It's provided in an prepared, easy-to-read demeanour. The ebook doesn't concentrate on what Joomla! can do – it makes a speciality of what you are able to do utilizing Joomla! .
You how you can get Joomla! up and operating, easy methods to set up content material, upload new menus, upload new positive factors, swap the layout and masses extra. Real-life examples and tutorials will spark your mind's eye and express you what sort of expert, feature-rich web content any net builder can in attaining with Joomla!
The concentration is on transparent directions and easy-to-understand tutorials, with minimum jargon.
Using the Joomla! three Beginner's consultant you'll fast achieve the data had to construct your personal website, completely adapted for your particular wishes
What you are going to research from this book
• Create a feature-rich website that's effortless to extend, customise, and hold with no need to benefit internet languages comparable to HTML and Cascading variety Sheets (CSS).
• layout appealing domestic pages that offer a brief review of the site's contents and direct humans to the content material they can have an interest in.
• interact your net viewers and switch them into energetic clients via allowing them to check in, upload content material, and go away reviews.
• layout transparent and straightforward navigation utilizing menus, submenus, and textual content links.
• Make complete use of templates to get your website having a look ultimate, tweaking the CSS and customizing templates utilizing your individual emblem, fonts, and hues.
• expand Joomla! 's functions by means of discovering and using must-have extensions that completely meet your wishes.
• raise your site's visibility for se's by way of using powerful search engine optimisation (SEO) options.
• safe your web site from hackers and strength threats utilizing easy-to-follow strategies.
This e-book is for someone who desires to learn wikis, upload fabric to a wiki, or set up and run their very own MediaWiki web site. each one form of person is granted their very own part during this publication. half 1 of this publication is devoted to wiki readers, explaining find out how to navigate a MediaWiki web site successfully. half 2 is for authors, and discusses find out how to write and edit wiki articles, starting with the fundamentals and relocating to extra advanced projects.
Layout, keep watch over, and deal with your dependencies with AngularJS dependency injection
Dependency injection enables greater checking out by way of permitting us to mock dependencies in checking out environments in order that we merely try out something at a time. It additionally permits us to write down extra maintainable code through decoupling our gadgets from their implementations. the inducement for utilizing it in AngularJS is to help you transparently load mocked items in tests.
This booklet is a pragmatic handbook to get you begun on dependency injection. it is going to additionally take you alongside the line to making testable and reusable code. making sure productiveness and balance are the 2 most vital issues that you're going to learn.
"Dependency Injection with AngularJS" will introduce you to AngularJS utilizing an easy pattern venture. by way of portraying alternative ways of constructing code modules, it's going to convey you the benefits of dependency injection. this may bring about the facility to create reusable parts which could simply be validated.
Extra resources for Agile Web Development with Rails (3rd Edition)
After all, a Rails application is just Ruby source code. But Rails also does a lot of magic behind the curtain to get our applications to work with a minimum of explicit configuration. To get this magic to work, Rails needs to find all the various components of your application. 2, Directory Structure, on page 257), this means that we need to create a specific directory structure, slotting the code we write into the appropriate places. The rails command simply creates this directory structure for us and populates it with some standard Rails code.
Later, as we write application code and run it via our browser, 2. 1 and later. Because it is guaranteed to be available, Rails uses it as its development web server. However, if the Mongrel web server is installed on your system (and Rails can find it), the script/server command will use it in preference to WEBrick. You can force Rails to use WEBrick by providing an option to the following command: demo>ruby script/server webrick 3. 0 part of the address means that WEBrick will accept connections on all interfaces.
3. You’ll need to unzip the archive if your system doesn’t do it automatically. 4. 0 directory, and start InstantRails by doubleclicking the InstantRails icon (it’s the big red I). • If you see a pop-up asking whether it’s OK to regenerate configuration files, say OK . we’re not going to tell you whether to block it or unblock it. For the purposes of this book, we aren’t going to be using Apache, so it doesn’t matter. The safest course of action is to say Keep Blocking . If you know what you are doing and you aren’t running IIS on your machine, you can unblock the port and use Apache later.
Agile Web Development with Rails (3rd Edition) by Dave Thomas, David Heinemeier Hansson, Sam Ruby