By Mark Boulton
A pragmatic consultant to Designing for the net is for those who are looking to study the fundamentals of picture layout and observe them to their internet designsproducing extra eective, polished, unique websites. It’s additionally important for image designers who are looking to brush up at the fundamentals or easy methods to combine what they already learn about layout with the calls for and quirks of designing in particular for the web.
Supplied by..: group rebOOk
Release Date.: 05/01/2011
Store Date...: 2009
Release Type.: Retail
Read Online or Download A Practical Guide to Designing for the Web (Five Simple Steps) PDF
Similar web development books
A transparent, hands-on advisor to making excellent content material controlled web pages with the loose Joomla! CMS.
• Create a Joomla! web site in an hour with assistance from easy-to-follow steps and screenshots.
• construct and keep your personal web site quick, simply and successfully, getting the main out of the newest unencumber of the Joomla! content material administration system.
• transcend a standard Joomla! web site to make an internet site meet your particular needs.
• study by means of doing: stick to step by step directions on how you can layout, safe, administrate, and fill your website with content material
• replace to the preferred Joomla! 2. five Beginner's advisor through Eric Tiggeler.
Joomla! is likely one of the most well liked open resource content material administration structures, actively constructed and supported through a world-wide consumer group. It's a unfastened, enjoyable, and feature-rich device for an individual who desires to create dynamic, interactive web content. Even newcomers can install Joomla to construct expert web pages. although it could be not easy to get past the fundamentals and construct the location that meets your wishes completely, this publication will consultant you thru it all.
Completely up-to-date for Joomla! three, this useful consultant allows you to create specialist and handsome web pages with Joomla! , even if you must construct a private web publication web site or a full-featured corporation or membership website.
The Joomla! three Beginner's advisor may also help you to start with Joomla! quick. It's awarded in an equipped, easy-to-read demeanour. The publication doesn't concentrate on what Joomla! can do – it makes a speciality of what you are able to do utilizing Joomla! .
You how to get Joomla! up and operating, the right way to arrange content material, upload new menus, upload new positive factors, switch the layout and masses extra. Real-life examples and tutorials will spark your mind's eye and convey you what sort of specialist, feature-rich web content any net builder can in attaining with Joomla!
The concentration is on transparent directions and easy-to-understand tutorials, with minimum jargon.
Using the Joomla! three Beginner's advisor you'll speedy achieve the information had to construct your individual web site, completely adapted in your particular wishes
What you'll study from this book
• Create a feature-rich website that's effortless to extend, customise, and retain with no need to profit internet languages equivalent to HTML and Cascading variety Sheets (CSS).
• layout beautiful domestic pages that supply a brief evaluate of the site's contents and direct humans to the content material they can have an interest in.
• interact your internet viewers and switch them into lively clients by way of permitting them to check in, upload content material, and go away reviews.
• layout transparent and simple navigation utilizing menus, submenus, and textual content links.
• Make complete use of templates to get your website taking a look correct, tweaking the CSS and customizing templates utilizing your individual emblem, fonts, and colours.
• expand Joomla! 's features through discovering and using must-have extensions that completely meet your wishes.
• elevate your site's visibility for se's via using powerful search engine optimisation (SEO) options.
• safe your web site from hackers and strength threats utilizing easy-to-follow ideas.
This booklet is for someone who desires to learn wikis, upload fabric to a wiki, or set up and run their very own MediaWiki web site. every one kind of consumer is granted their very own part during this e-book. half 1 of this publication is devoted to wiki readers, explaining find out how to navigate a MediaWiki web site successfully. half 2 is for authors, and discusses the right way to write and edit wiki articles, starting with the fundamentals and relocating to extra advanced initiatives.
Layout, keep an eye on, and deal with your dependencies with AngularJS dependency injection
Dependency injection allows larger checking out by way of permitting us to mock dependencies in trying out environments in order that we purely try something at a time. It additionally allows us to put in writing extra maintainable code through decoupling our gadgets from their implementations. the inducement for utilizing it in AngularJS is to assist you to transparently load mocked gadgets in tests.
This e-book is a pragmatic guide to get you all started on dependency injection. it's going to additionally take you alongside the line to making testable and reusable code. making sure productiveness and balance are the 2 most crucial issues that you're going to learn.
"Dependency Injection with AngularJS" will introduce you to AngularJS utilizing an easy pattern venture. by way of portraying alternative ways of constructing code modules, it's going to exhibit you some great benefits of dependency injection. it will bring about the power to create reusable parts which may simply be confirmed.
Extra info for A Practical Guide to Designing for the Web (Five Simple Steps)
Some advocate a larger proportion of time dedicated to the research phase—the findings of which inform the production of lo fi prototypes. Others focus on the design phase, particularly if the user experience of a brand is high on the agenda. The process is the same, but the outcome is slightly different. Each phase of the process grows or shrinks to accommodate the project requirements or the working preference of the agency or individual. Many development companies, and in larger organisations with in—house teams—prefer an agile development process, such as Scrum.
For example: ß Are there any brand guidelines to adhere to? If so, who’s the brand guardian? ß Will you be building the website, or is the client doing it in—house? ß Who will be signing off design on the client—side? ß Who will be responsible for feeding back comments and amends? ß Who are the people involved in the project on the agency and client side? ß Is there any research available? The aim is to get together a working document with which to: ß Brief your team ß Refer to throughout the project to check you’re on the right creative track.
It’s a central point of reference and could be something as simple as ‘We want to make our gardening website more engaging for a younger audience’. You’ll be thankful for it when clients or others on the team make suggestions that aren’t congruent with the final Idea Brief. Does someone suggest stilted language or dull colors? You can just point to the Idea Brief to remind them of the track you’ve all agreed on. 48 4. Solution The results from the Ideas Phase, along with the brief and the research data, are compiled to create a clear design direction.
A Practical Guide to Designing for the Web (Five Simple Steps) by Mark Boulton